Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 00:42:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ESTALE the best approach?

:
:Anyone have any comments on this?

    Only cron is maintained here.  All the other programs are maintained
    by their authors or groups elsewhere.  There isn't much we can do about
    them.

    Also, most of these are IRC tools.  IRC tools are notoriously badly
    written.  To give you an example, there was an eggdrop floating around
    for months about a year ago which had hacked in signal(SIGSEGV, handler)
    to make the program ignore segv violations because the programmer who
    made the mod was too clueless to understand what sigsegv actually meant.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>
:
:I've found that at least these programs cannot deal with ESTALE in some
:manner:
:
:cron
:apache httpd