Date:      Sat, 13 May 2006 15:39:07 -0500
From:      Jonathan Horne <jhorne@dfwlp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   limitations on mount_cd9660?

ive been trying to mount up my iso files so i can have access to their
contents as quickly as possible.  ive used mdconfig to create block devices
for 4 .iso files, but when i get to the point where i try to mount the 3rd
one, i get:

mount_cd9660: /dev/md2: Invalid argument

i created my block devices like this:

mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /path/filename -u 0
(-u 1, -u 2, -u 3, etc etc)

all 4 devices created without any complaint, and they show up when
i 'ls -la /dev/md*'.  are we not able to mount more than 2 .iso files to
folders at a time, or am i missing something here?

thanks,
jonathan