Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:24:55 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        David Loszewski <stealth215@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: denying webserver access??

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 01:07:59AM -0500, David Loszewski wrote:
> Is there a way to deny someone access from viewing anything web pages on
> a web server?  I tried to put 'httpd:<ip>:deny' in the hosts.allow file
> but that didn't work.

As far as I know, Apache HTTPD doesn't use the hosts.allow file.

Two solutions:
- put in every directory in your webserver a .htaccess-file (maybe
  you can do something with access.conf instead of that)
- use ipfw to disable access on port 80 from that host.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: