Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:11:14 +0200 (CEST)
From:      cracauer@cons.org
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        andreas@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/7572: qt-133 /usr/local vs. /usr/X11R6 mismatch

>Number:         7572
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       The qt-1.33 make package fails
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.6-STABLE i386
>Environment:

Newest port of qt-1.33 on -stable.

The port tries to install the libraries and the binaries to
$(X11BASE), while the rest of the port is being installed to
/usr/local

That's bad, since the packaging list isn't prepared to do so and looks
for libraries and bin/moc in /usr/local/, hence "make package" fails.

>How-To-Repeat:

cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt133 && make all install package

>Fix:

By using a special "do-install" definition, "Makefile" tries to
relocate each part. This obviously isn't though to the end.

Quick fix: s/$(X11BASE)/$(PREFIX)/ in Makefile.

You might think over the concept of installing parts to X11BASE and
other parts to PREFIX, I think it's highly ugly to have libs in
/usr/X11R6/lib and the includefiles to use these libs in
/usr/local/include/X11. Choose one location for the whole port,
please.