Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 17:12:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Mustang1204@aol.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UNIX

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 Mustang1204@aol.com wrote:

> HEY WHAT UP I AM A SUDENT STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL. AND I HAVE SOME EXPERENCE IN
> THE COMPUTER FELD BUT NOT TO MICH. BUT MY QUESTION IS I HAVE A 233 MGZ
> COMPUTER WITH RIGHT NOW ONE HARD DRIVE WICH HAS WINDOWS 98 I WANT TO KEEP
> WIDOWS 98 AND GET A SCOND DRIVE FOR FOR UNIX IS IT POSSIBLE AND HOW.

Sure, it's possible.  Get the drive, install it as a second drive on
the primary IDE controller or the master on the second IDE controller,
boot the installation CD-ROM for FreeBSD 4.5 (or 4.4) and follow the
instructions on the screen.

You might want to read the installation stuff on www.freebsd.org
carefully though, so you don't inadvertently delete your Win 98.

	Annelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC