Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:02:36 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Robert Kim, EVDO-Coverage, Verizon Agent" <robertk@video-phones-evdo.com>, "'Mikhail Teterin'" <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        chad@shire.net
Subject:   RE: Verizon's EVDO and FreeBSD

Hi Robert and Mikhail,

  Mikhail, make sure the following is in your kernel configuration
file and recompile the kernel, then post the dmesg output.  This
should get your card recognized although it probably isn't going to
be recognized as a modem.  But if we see the dmesg output there might
be enough info to suggest a mod to get it recognized as a modem:

device          ohci
# General USB code (mandatory for USB)
device          usb
# Generic USB device driver
device          ugen
# USB modem support
device          umodem
# USB com devices
device          ucom
device          uplcom
device          uvscom
device          uftdi
# debugging options for the USB subsystem
#
options         USB_DEBUG

Ted