Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 19:17:40 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Antoine Beaupre (LMC)" <Antoine.Beaupre@ericsson.ca>
Cc:        "Steven G. Kargl" <kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: diskcheckd goes nuts on /dev/cd0

Antoine Beaupre (LMC) wrote:

> Actually, I think that it should exclude all devices except those
>
> specified in the config file... As in "check only requested disks"...

It's perfectly possible to do just that... phk wanted it to check all
disks by default when I was writing it though, but this seems to be
causing problems for people. :-(

I think excluding CDs and MDs should solve most of the problems that
have been reported, I'm not sure what the situation with zip/jaz type
things is though.  Are they included in kern.disks?  Anyone?

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@FreeBSD.org