Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2018 19:38:14 +0300
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Quarterly branch policy question

 I have question about Quarterly branch commits.

 Committers Guide says at 19.6.2
(https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/committers-guide/ports.html#ports-qa-blanket):

====
The following blanket approvals are in effect:

* Fixing shebangs, stripping installed libraries and binaries, and plist
fixes.

Important:

No unauthorized commits can ever be made without approval of either
Ports Security Team <ports-secteam@FreeBSD.org> or Ports Management Team
<portmgr@FreeBSD.org>.
====

 I see contradiction here. Are such changes are pre-approved ("blanket
approvals") or approval must be requested & gained?

 Other question, whom should I ask for approval? I was said, that
"portmgr is not responsible for approving merges, or direct commits, to
the quarterly branches." in private message.

 Must shebang fix be approved by ports-secteam@? Really?

--
// Lev Serebryakov