Date:      Fri, 8 Jan 2010 08:23:04 +0000
From:      James Smith <James.Smith@m247.com>
To:        "freebsd-xen@freebsd.org" <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   XenTools development for FreeBSD

Hi Guys / Gals,

I work for a hosting company in the UK.  We prefer to use FreeBSD for our s=
hared hosting platform, over anything Linux based.  However, we've hit a pr=
oblem with virtualisation.

We want to use XenServer (iscsi SAN storage) by Citrix and FreeBSD.  We've =
got a testing setup in place, so we can play around with the features.  Fre=
eBSD runs and installs quite well within this environment, along with Linux=
 distros, Windows etc.  There is something called XenTools (commercial soft=
ware from Citrix), amongst other things its main job is to facilitate VM mi=
gration between nodes when using XenServer (it is awesome, no ping drops, a=
t worst higher latency for two pings and then it's done).  This runs on Lin=
ux ... but there is no FreeBSD version.

We're willing to sponsor development of XenTools for FreeBSD, if anyone out=
 there is interested in getting involved.

Regards,
James Smith,
M247 Ltd