Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:55:31 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@earthlink.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: IRQ Problems with Stable

Warner,

  Cool, learned something new today!  I got impatient though and just edited
psm.c manually as it looked like the change was pretty minor.  That, and it
was just simpler to do that as the NIC card is still dead on this box due to
the problem.
  I just went and did a rebuild on the kernel rather than doing another
entire build world.  Upon rebuilding the kernel I now get compile errors
concerning ipfilter of all things.  Too weird.
  I'll go ahead and launch yet another multi-hour run through buildworld and
see if that clears things up.  Will let you know one way or the other.

Later on,

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <200108232205.f7NM5Hq50100@rover.village.org> Michael Collette
> writes:
> :   Please forgive my ignorance, but I've never manually applied a
> : kernel patch before.  Should I simply go in and tweak the psm.c file
> : manually, or is there a cleaner method for doing this type of thing?
>
> cd src/sys/isa
> patch < /path/to/patch
>
> should do the trick.
>
> Warner

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read."
 - Groucho Marx