Date:      Mon, 06 May 2002 00:37:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        andreas@zymny.de
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems to get 4.6RC running on my laptlop

In message: <032101c1f3a6$00622fc0$2b6d4dc2@dildo>
            "Andreas Zymny" <andreas@zymny.de> writes:
: PSI-ISA bridge     : SiS 85c503

What kind of pci<->pcmica/cardbus controller do you have in your
machine?

: Now I'm confused: Why does 4.3RC3 support my notebook chipsets, but
: 4.5+ produce a panic?

There was a fundamental change in the drivers in the 4.4 release.

: Does anyone has a idea why FreeBSD produce this panic?

Because we're calling the BIOS in a way it doesn't expect.  Don't know
if this is a BIOS bug, or a FreeBSD bug.

: And: What can I do? I have the 4.3 RC3 cd rom here, but this is not
: what I want to do.

Well, you could try using ISA interrupts:

hw.pcic.intr_path=1

in your /boot/loader.conf file.  That might help avoid the bug.

Warner