Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:42:10 -0600
From:      "Dave Page" <davecpage@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Install difficulties

I'm having some difficulties installing FreeBSD.

I can get most of the way through set-up.  I choose to install from CD-ROM,
and I will get to the screen that has the progress meter.  The CD will spin
for about 5-10 seconds and stop.  The progress meter never moves past zero.

At first I thought this was an I/O setting error.  So, I threw the same
drive into NT Server, figured out which I/O address it was defaulting to,
put it back into my BSD machine-to-be, and got the following error:  "No
CDROM devices found!  Please check that your system's configuration is
correct and that the..."

So now I'm thinking that it wasn't an I/O error because I got further before
I putzed with the I/O setting.  The CD-ROM is a Delta, Model # OPC-K101.  It
is a relatively new, ATAPI 40x drive.

Any suggestions?  (Hope I was clear... Kind of new to the FreeBSD thing...
Very comfortable in MS, however...)  Why are no files being copied when it
gets to that stage????

TIA.

Dave

davecpage@earthlink.net