Date:      Mon, 05 Sep 2011 17:43:14 -0400
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>, Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
Subject:   Community's opinion (Re: Re: sysutils/cfs_

On -10.01.-28163 14:59, Doug Barton wrote:
>>> It is not responsible to threaten to remove ports without warning
>>> between releases for non urgent reasons.
> We understand that this is your perspective, however the community in
> general has a different idea.

Well, several committers are on (recent) record agreeing with Julian and
myself.

Yet, the "community", supposedly, feels different. Can we ask, just what
that nameless "community" is, and how do we know its opinion?

Has there been a vote? What were the results? Were they overwhelming to
one side, or close? And what, exactly, are our bylaws and procedures for
when there is no consensus? Thanks! Yours,

    -mi