Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:15:21 +1100
From:      Jacob Rhoden <jacob@vicyouth.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        csfbsd@raggedclown.net, flo@nigsch.com
Subject:   Re: retrieving kernel file from memory

Hi,

I actually did installkernel with my custom config file, then changed some
stuff and did installkernel again.  So my old kernel is not in /kernel.old
(and I know if I boot with kernel.GENERIC the network card will not work.)
I am not certian that my new kernel will recognise the network card  either
(it is a remote machine).

I want to make a script to overwrite the new kernel with with the old one
and reboot the machine if no one connects to the machine after a certian
period time (through crontab). That way if my new kernel doesn't work, my
machine will rectify itself and reboot without me being on site at the ISP.

I hope that makes sense? Thanks for any ideas you can give (:

Regards,
Jacob