Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 21:32:59 -0800
From:      Brian Sobolak <sobolak@mindspring.com>
To:        Paul Robinson <paul@akita.co.uk>
Cc:        Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>, FreeBSD Chat List <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re[2]: Mini survey. Backup service for BSDs

Hello Paul,

Saturday, November 03, 2001, 7:17:20 PM, you wrote:

PR> I think you might be targetting the wrong crowd at this point in time -
PR> backup systems like you're proposing are really useful if you have a desktop
PR> with loads of important info on, but you can't afford a DAT or similar, and
PR> you want an off-site backup. As the current market segment FreeBSD sits in is
PR> mostly the ISP-like data center or hard-core sysadmin crowd, most of the
PR> current users will have a backup solution of their own.

I think this was one of services offered by Eazel for Linux.  I wonder
how many customers they signed up.

PR> Never heard of unison, but I know rsync doesn't like large filesystems, and
PR> eats memory like Elvis ate burgers, but the ssh is good for the transactional

Burgers?  I thought The King preferred fried peanut butter
sandwiches...

--
Got work?                          http://www.planetshwoop.com/resume/
Brian Sobolak                                    sobolak@myrealbox.com