Date:      03 May 2002 12:12:59 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        nmace@myrealbox.com
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Evolution on Freebsd-4.5

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 18:22, Nathan Mace wrote:
> I'm currently running FreeBSD 4-5-STABLE.  I'm running KDE3 with all the
> trimmings as my window manager, and I am very VERY interested in
> switching from Kmail to evolution.  however i am having a few problems.
>
> 1)Every so often Evolution locks up, and takes X Windows down with it.
> it seems random as far when it does it.  since I'm not running it in
> Gnome perhaps there are some programs that are supposed to be running
> that aren't since I'm in KDE.  any ideas?  and if there are, how do i go
> about starting them when i start X Windows?  add them to my .xinitrc
> file?(i login in text mode and then startx my way to KDE)

Evo should start all the applications it needs to (i.e. oafd).  I would
say, just make sure you have all the latest GNOME bits installed the Evo
depends on.  I have run Evo off my machines xhost'd to another display,
and things worked fine.

> 2)Is there anyway that Evolution will use the maildir format instead of
> mbox?

There is maildir support.  Make sure you're running Evo 1.0.3, and check
under the Receiving Options pull-down.

> 3)is there anyway to import my Kmail maildir folders into Evolution?

This I have no clue about.  I've never used kmail.

Joe

--
PGP Key: http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc