Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:20:55 +0100
From:      "Kjell - LA3SG" <kmidtset@c2i.net>
To:        Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.6 can not serve PHP web pages

On 13 Jul 2002, at 9:06, Roman Neuhauser wrote:

> > From: "Kjell - LA3SG" <kmidtset@c2i.net>
> > To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> > Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 06:20:54 +0100
> > Subject: FreeBSD 4.6 can not serve PHP web pages
> >
> > When making a fresh install of 4.6 or 4.5 followed by a cvsup of
> > RELENG_4, followed by installing mod_PHP4 from
> > the ports using defaults this does not work:
> > ------
> > calling up the page
> > http://my.site.com/page.php?a=5 from my browser,
> > or my.site.com/page.php?a=5 in a <form..> tag, a
> > is undefined when page.php is entered. IE
> > arguments are not passed.
>
>     http://www.php.net/release_4_2_0.php

Yes. I see. Thank you!
Looks like I have to make an average of 56 changes in 678
routines! And 56 * 678 =?
------------------------------------
Quite some years ago I implemented a FORTRAN
compiler/runtime environment that saw extensive use in the oil
industry in the North Sea. After a few years of use I decided to
polish the apple by making the runtime environment more efficient.
I managed to come up with a new set of beautiful routines that
made me feel real good as a programmer, requiring only one single
slight change on the user side. That did NOT make me popular!
But today the sun is shining after 5 weeks of rain! Thanks and have
a nice day!
from Kjell