Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:41:52 +0000
From:      Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh@onetel.com>
To:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>, freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: acpi_tz0: _CRT value is absurd, ignored (256.0C) (was  pr kern/105537)

[Please would you cc me in any reply as I'm not subscribed, thanks.]

Ian Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Pasi Parviainen wrote:
>  > Chris Whitehouse wrote:
>  > > Hi, I sent this a while ago but don't think there was a reply. I'm about to
>  > > embark on a custom ASL to load in loader.conf as per
>  > > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html but just
>  > > wondering if their might be a 'proper' fix on the way. I do have the latest
>  > > bios installed.
>  >
>  > question will solve the problem, see below for more information.
>  >
>  > > Would it help if I installed 8-CURRENT?
>  >
>  > Probably not, see below.
>  >

Getting the ASL in the actual BIOS firmware fixed would be great, but I
tried once to get Asus to correct a byte swapped value without success.
I don't suppose HP will be any more cooperative but I can try. I will
have a look at an acpidump tonight. A custom ASL would at least prove
what is wrong.

Does anyone know what this value is supposed to be measuring?

Chris