Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:12:54 -0000
From:      "Andy Kendall" <andy@kendallnet.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Manual updates

As a newb to FreeBSD I find that the manual/handbook is not great in detail,
(understatement), and I seem to be relying on this questions list for a lot
of help.

In my opinion it relies on far too high a plateau of knowledge by it's
readers to be of initial use.

Am I really that thick or does anyone else feel this way?

Do the email list respondents find themselves answering the same questions
over and over?

Is there some way I can help to upgrade the manual entries with the detail I
find necessary to get things working and understand how they work, thereby
hopefully benefiting following newbs?

Is there a FreeBSD for dummies?

Thanks

Andy (very frustrated)