Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:29:28 -0400
From:      "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Putting a Process Into Background

> On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 10:01:42PM -0400, Matt Rudderham wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I was wondering how to put a process that initially requires
> some imput, but
> > then will run on its own into the background to free up the
> terminal. It's a
> > setiathome process, as well as another similar one.
>
> People have pointed out that you just need to use 'bg' with your
> scheme below. However, you mention setiathome. setiathome only
> requires user interaction the first time it is started. There is no
> user interaction after this point. If you install setiathome from the
> ports there is a really nice startup script that will run it for you
> at boot time.

Thanks to all of the great responses I've gotten:)
Yes, usually I've only required to enter info and such after I upgrade it,
but lately it's been asking every time for me to log in, I've been using v
3.0 for BSD 2.x I think, maybe that has something to do for it, there wasn't
a 3.0 for newer BSDs available yet.  Regardless it isn't much of a problem
since I usually leave it running for months at a time:)

- Matt