Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:18:57 +0200
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pure-ftpd options

Does anybody know if and if so, how I can see the options that were
given pure-ftpd in starting up? All I see in any ps command is
"pure-ftpd (SERVER)" or something similar.

I use the new startup script:

=-=-=

#!/bin/sh

# PROVIDE: pureftpd
# REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS
# BEFORE: DAEMON
# KEYWORD: FreeBSD shutdown

. /usr/local/etc/rc.subr

name=pureftpd
rcvar=`set_rcvar`

load_rc_config $name

command=/usr/local/sbin/pure-ftpd
command_args="-? -? -a??? etc etc"
pidfile=/var/run/pure-ftpd.pid
procname=pure-ftpd

pureftpd_enable=${pureftpd_enable:-"NO"}

run_rc_command "$1"

=-=-=

The original script wants the conf file, but I made some changes so I
could use the normal command line options, which I prefer.

I want to make sure the command_args are given, but I can't make them
visible on a running server. How do I do that? Or can't it be done?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)