Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 08:27:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        david@allunix.com
Cc:        jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com, reebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: was Competition now mail-lists

> > It appears that someone simply doesn't
> >know how to configure DNS properly and freebsd.org is hardly the
> only
> >site which will reject mail from them on that basis; it's a very
> >common spam-prevention technique.
>
> Some of us have no choice, I am using comcast@home cable service and
> my email to the lists bounce back to me on a regular basis.
>
> David DeTinne

David,

	As Postmaster for FreeBSD.org, I believe that it is my
responsibility to stop as much spam as I can without damaging the flow
of email.  One of the methods for doing this is to refuse mail from
hosts that are misconfigured or rely on misconfigured dns servers.

	You have the option of switching from comcast@home do some
other provider. those other providers may have characteristics that
you find undesireable.  nonetheless you have a choice.  perhaps not
the one that you would prefer.  i, personally, would prefer having to
choose between certain 35 foot sailboats, but dont have that choice at
this time.  such is life ;( ;)

jmb