Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 2008 06:52:58 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        hansot@iae.nl
Cc:        gonzo@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-mips@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: adm5120 support

In message: <4801E023.6040004@iae.nl>
            Hans Ottevanger <hansot@iae.nl> writes:
: Oleksandr Tymoshenko wrote:
: > nao wrote:
: >> Hello, guys!
: >>
: >> I was so much impressed by Warner's talk at ASIA BSDCON held last
: >> sunday, so I decided to try to run FreeBSD/mips on my BBR-4MG, a cheap
: >> (about $30 in Japan) router which employs ADM5120P SoC.
: >>
: >> Following modifications are needed to generate a kernel for
: >> configuration "ADM5120". I have not tried it yet on the router, since
: >> I have to build a serial console adapter and find a way to boot it.
: >     Thanks for pointing out. I submitted your fix it to mips2-jnpr branch.
: >
: >> By the way, I had to ask my friend who is a FreeBSD comitter to obtain
: >> a set of mips2-jnpr source code. I tried accessing the archive via
: >> p4web, but I found it not a very convenient method. Is there a nifty
: >> way to access p4 server?
: >     As far as I know - there is no anonymous access to perforce :(
: >
:
: So, if access by non-committers cannot be realized, would it be possible
: to update the snapshot that is accessible through the project wiki page
: (http://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/mips)? The current snapshot is from
: last August and I am sure that a lot has changed 8-)

FreeBSD/mips is being pushed into the FreeBSD tree right now.  The
bulk of the work will happen in there.  Please be patient with us as
this progresses.

Warner