Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 13:57:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dirk Kleinhesselink <dkleinh@phy.ucsf.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1-20000719-RC#2

At least for myself and several others who had this problem:

you will never get to the install setup up if your system already has a
BSD (Tru64/NetBSD/Linux (using BSD disk label)  and from Matt's example, a
FreeBSD disk with the /sbin/init clobbered) or OpenVMS system disk.
FreeBSD will load the kernel, load the install MFS but then will fail to
find the MFS init routine -- I guess it will try to look for it on the
BSD/VMS disk and will fail to find it.