Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:36:53 +0200
From:      Vikash Badal / PCS <VikashB@ComparexAfrica.co.za>
To:        'Chad Albert' <chadalbert@home.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: path

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19FEA.84691F50

rehash for csh
or hash -r for bash

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad Albert [mailto:chadalbert@home.com]
Sent: 18 January 2002 08:33
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: path

When I compile ports I find that I can rarely run them immediately after
they are installed.  I have to log out then log back in in order to run the
command without fully qualifying the path to the file.  I am assuming that
this is because my search path is not refreshing it's list of files?  Is
there a way to refresh this without logging out and back in or if I am way
off here would someone please explain it to me?

TIA

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19FEA.84691F50

<HTML><HEAD>

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=730214006-18012002>rehash
for csh</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=730214006-18012002>or
hash -r for bash</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV align=left class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Chad Albert
  [mailto:chadalbert@home.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> 18 January 2002
  08:33<BR><B>To:</B> freebsd-questions@freebsd.org<BR><B>Subject:</B>
  path<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>When I compile ports I find that I can rarely run
  them immediately after they are installed.&nbsp; I have to log out then log
  back in in order to run the command without fully qualifying the path to the
  file.&nbsp; I am assuming that this is because my search path is not
  refreshing it's list of files?&nbsp; Is there a way to refresh this without
  logging out and back in or if I am way off here would someone please explain
  it to me?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>TIA</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19FEA.84691F50--