Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:02:32 -0400
From:      Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   limiting output of second stage loader

I have configured a custom menu in the FreeBSD loader.

I didn't want beastie.4th so I wrote my own and it works well.

However, I would really like to have this stage not send any output to
the console except what is needed for displaying the menu and any
error messages I specifically want to write.

This is for an embedded system.

I'm passing the -q and -m options to boot0cfg when writing the MBR to
disable most of the system messages to the console, and the little bits
before and after the menu in the Forth code are the last bits I
need to get rid of.

Any hints?

--
shannon / Asus A8N5X - Opteron 170@2.5GHz | But you know, a little Sun Ultra 1