Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:49:36 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        Frankie Li <notme@lvdi.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /stand/sysinstall bug?

On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 03:01:22PM -0800, Frankie Li wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I was adding FreeBSD source yesterday, and while copying the
> source from the CD to hard drive, I was able to switch (using alt-Fx)
> to another login and login as root without any password.  I have yet
> to try reproducing the problem because it was a computer at school, but
> I attempted the login several of times in different login terminals, and
> the same thing resulted.
>
> I have FreeBSD 3.3-Release, burn from the iso from ftp.cdrom.com.

While doing the installation, did you boot from the installation media?
Because, I think, the /etc/master.passwd of the installation CDROM does
not have any password... and for a good reason, too.

Ciao.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]