Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:47:11 +0200
From:      Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb.quenot@caraldi.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/mod_jk out dated?

* David Ryan:

> I  have  a  server  with   Apache  and  Tomcat  installed  using
> www/mod_jk2 as the connector between the two.  After a few hours
> of searching  yesterday I discovered  that mod_jk2 is  no longer
> being supported.

Don't waste  your time  with mod_jk.   If you  really want  to run
Tomcat, I suggest to use Apache's mod_proxy to forward requests to
Tomcat using ProxyPass.   I can also advise to  use www/resin3, it
is GPL software for non-commercial  use, and it has native support
for Apache if you compile it WITH_APACHE=YES or WITH_APACHE2=YES

Best regards,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/