Date:      Tue, 25 May 2010 07:20:06 -0500
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        Charlie Kester <corky1951@comcast.net>,freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem compiling lsof

Can you also make sure that the installed world and kernel matches the sour=
ce tree?

Thanks,
Larry Rosenman
lsof maintainer

wrote:
>>Arthur Barlow <arthurbarlow@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Sorry about =
the false start. Fat fingers.  I'm trying to compile the lsof
>>> program i=
n FreeBSD 8.0 on an i686 machine.  There is a error referencing
>>> "dlsof.=
h" and it looks like there is an ugly "hack" in the header file.  Any
>>> s=
uggestions, besides playing with the code?

>>As of a few minutes ago, it=
 built just fine on my i386 build system with
>>the latest ports.  If you w=
ant help diagnosing your issue, you will need
>>to be much more specific ab=
out what happens on your particular system,
>>so we can figure out how it d=
iffers from a normal system.

>Since we're talking about building a port, =
you should also involve its

=
>I just tried building lsof myself, on a 686-class 8.0-STABLE machine,
>and=
 had the same successful result as Lowell.

>Can you give us a copy of the=
 build output, beginning with the cc
>command line that immediately precede=
s the failure?

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse=
 my brevity.