Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 11:47:47 -0500
From:      "Mark S. Reichman" <reichman@twcny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fatal Trap 12: page fault .....

I keep getting :

  Fatal Trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

  [snip... a bunch more bright white stuff]

  rebooting in 15 seconds..

It seems to be happening while I run cvsup, or doing a make.
I have tried the GENERIC kernel and I even rebuilt the
entire system with a new cvsup and a make world and it still happens.

mark@slugo:~:>uname -a
FreeBSD slugo.com 3.4-STABLE FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #0: Sat Feb 19 14:57:29
EST 2000
     mark@slugo.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/SLUGO  i386

So... Since I have been getting these often and since no one else seems
to be reporting this, could this be a hard drive or motherboard problem?
Come to think of it though, dont page faults have to do with paging
chunks of progs
in and out of memory? Maybe intermitent bad memory?