Date:      Mon, 01 Dec 2008 08:40:57 -0500
From:      Bryant Eadon <bryant.eadon@gmail.com>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Roey Dror <darwinian.empire@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Noisy mouse

Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>> or make a keystroke. Is this a bug, or a strange feature? How do i
>
> bad hardware design - mouse data signals gets through to audio signal.
>
> most of your computer's signal line are in megahertz range so you don't
> hear anything, PS/2 mouse has 40kbps data rate.

I've actually had this happen before.  Somewhere along the line either :
   1.  your audio and mouse/keyboard cables are coming into close proximity to
one another.
   or
   2.  Your mouse/kb cable is very close to a specific speaker.

The solution is to move your mouse cable away from your speakers/cables.  I
guess you could shield it if you can't move it.   Tinfoil around only the one
cable at close proximity sections should do the trick.

-B