Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:43:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      "jamgill@uu.net" <jamgill@UU.NET>
To:        "Carlos A. Carnero Delgado" <carloscarnero@msn.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: man to web gateway

Hi Carlos,

If you go to the FreeBSD manpage gateway and click on FAQ you find that
you can get the source of the version that runs on FreeBSD.org.  That is
what I use and it works really well.

The advantage that this man->web gateway has over other man.cgi scripts is
that instead of pulling from the local $manpath it pulls from $manpath
plus other specific paths so you can put manpages for other versions &
other operating systems up too.

Of course, props to Wolfram Schneider <wosch@FreeBSD.org>  for writing it
in the first place =)

Check it out,

--gill

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set up a man (pages) to web "gateway" on my local server, just
> like FreeBSD.org's man.cgi. It will be part of a local documentation site.
> Has anyone outside FreeBSD.org done it?
>
> Best regards,
> Carlos.

--gill  | Tatu Ylonen, SSH 1.2.12 README:  "Beware that the most effective