Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:58:40 +0200
From:      "Michael Ross" <gmx@ross.cx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, "Bosko Radivojevic" <bosko.radivojevic@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.0 & LSI MegaRAID SATA problem

Am 09.07.2012, 16:31 Uhr, schrieb Bosko Radivojevic
<bosko.radivojevic@gmail.com>:

> Hi all!
>
> I have a problem installing FreeBSD 9.0 on Fujitsu Primergy RX200 S5
> server with LSI MegaRAID SATA controller (two SATA HDDs in RAID1
> array). When booted from a CD, FreeBSD doesn't recognize RAID Array,
> it recognizes HDDs only (ad4 & ad6). On the same server, FreeBSD 8.3
> installation recognizes RAID Array (ar0).
>
> pciconf -vl on FreeBSD 9.0:
> ahci0@pci0:0:31:2:     class=0x010400 card=0x11501734 chip=0x3a258086
> rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
>     device     = '82801JIR (ICH10R) SATA RAID Controller'
>     class      = mass storage
>     subclass = RAID

So it's not an LSI MegaRAID, but an Intel Controller?

I found this on the net:
quote from:
http://serverfault.com/questions/275875/raid-bus-controller-intel-corporation-82801jir-ich10r-sata-raid-controller

"ICH10R-based RAID controllers are so called fake- or software-RAID
controllers, the OS needs to do all the work."

What you have on 8.3 might be a software raid,
one way to get it:

	gmirror label ar0 ad4
	gmirror load
	gmirror insert ar0 ad6

You now have ``/dev/mirror/ar0'' as device node for your software RAID,
check:

	gmirror status