Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 02:36:02 +0200
From:      Benedikt Schmidt <BeSchmidt@cloaked.de>
To:        Jos Backus <josb@corp.webtv.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mouse frozen in X when returning from text console

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 03:53:15PM -0700, Jos Backus wrote:
> [This is with yesterdays' -current and today's kernel, and Xfree86 4.0.1 using
> the ati driver module.]
>
> Something I noticed today: switch to text console from X using C-A-F1; upon
> return, the mouse cursor is frozen.  moused appears to still work because I
> can cut/paste text in the text console.  Restarting moused doesn't help.
>
> Is anybody else seeing this?
Same problem here on current (make world + kernel last week) with Xfree86
4.0.1 using a V3000 and and ps2 mouse. I tried using "Device" "/dev/mouse"
with moused and "Device" "/dev/psm0" without moused. With both settings the
mouse is frozen after switching back to X.

I didn't have this problem with Xfree 4.0. It just appeared when I updated
to the new 4.0.1 port.
I don't have this problem on Linux using Xfree86 4.0.1 on the same computer.

Thanks
Benedikt Schhmidt