Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 02:35:42 -0600
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        clefevre@citeweb.net
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-emulation <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>, trevor@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape 6.2 - unable to resolv hostnames

Cyrille Lefevre wrote:

> Jim Bryant wrote:
>
>>I've been running Netscape-6.2 for about 24 hours now, under -current.
>>
>>The only problem I can see is that my bookmarks got cleared [had to restore from tape] when I first ran it.
>>
>>I have seen no problems with the resolver.
>>

> you are lucky ;^)
>
> do you have a -stable box to try it ?
>
> Cyrille.

Well, the one -stable box we have around here developed a serious case of discitis, in /usr at that...  The drive needs reformatted
and the whole thing needs reinstalled.  Later in the week, maybe.  We think it might have to do with the use of a new 1500 watt HF
linear amplifier that was messing with several computers prior to some cable re-routing, best guess is that the filesystem got hosed
during some disk writes because of the strong RF, a WinBlowz box shows similar symptoms.

Note to softupdates maintainers: strong RF fields can create situations that softupdates cannot recover from :^)

Anyhow, netscape-6.2 under -current has my seal of approval, with one caveat: make a backup of your bookmarks before installing, and
put them back after installing!  The install will clear your netscape-6.1 bookmarks!

jim
--
          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!