Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:58:06 +0100
From:      Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcswork.hcs.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: beta 0.70 (ii)

On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 12:47:45PM +0100, Andreas Gaertner wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
>
> > > so this is to be considered absolutely normal, isn't it?
> >
> > No, not quite. What you see is the "persistent deactivation" timeout
> > happening, which normally should not appear. Although i have no idea
> > why it happenes at your site. isdntrace with its various options is
> > your friend to find it out.
>
> ok, i will check that out. but as a matter of fact these messages show up
> after an amount of time a telephone call has taken place.

I have a telephone connected to my ISDN test box too and there this does
not show up.

So either this seems to be normal in certain environments and the messages
should not be considered an error or the exchange you are conneted to does
some strange things on the S0 (looking at your domain, is it possible that
you are connectd to a HICOM ? :-))

> maybe this is
> due to isdnd is permanently up because of the call out of /etc/rc.local?

No.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77