Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 08:00:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@heinz.jollem.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/26793: New port: java/ibm-jdk

The following reply was made to PR ports/26793; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ernst de Haan <ernst@heinz.jollem.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, perky@python.or.kr
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 12:40:58 +0200

 Yup. This port actually installs the IBM JDK 1.3.0. It also registers the
 port with javavmwrapper. Pretty kewl. The version output after installing
 this JDK:

 > javavm -version
 JIT cannot get processor_num. Assuming SMP...
 java version "1.3.0"
 Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0)
 Classic VM (build 1.3.0, J2RE 1.3.0 IBM build cx130-20010329 (JIT enabled:
 jitc))

 Okay, basically it seems to run. I see no trouble in submitting this port
 after the given suggestions have been incorporated. We may have to improve
 matters afterwards, but at least we'll have an IBM JDK port B-)

 Great work, Hye-Shik!

 --
 Ernst