Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 2003 13:46:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: root_disk_unit

Hello,

> I know that on -stable, setting root_disk_unit=2 in /boot/loader.conf
> allows us to boot off of 'ad2' on some of the embedded boxes that have a
> CF slot on them that is ad2...  However, I've not tried this on stable.
You mean under CURRENT.

> You might want to try setting root_disk_unit at the ok prompt.
That's what I tried first. It does not work, the kernel mounted da0s1a,
not da1s1a. I had to specify ROOTDEVNAME in the kernel conf, but that's
not as flexible as root_disk_unit.

----------[ Free Software ISOs - http://www.fsn.hu/?f=download ]----------
Attila Nagy					e-mail: Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)		  phone @work: +361 210 1415 (194)