Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:01:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        =?GB2312?B?wO7S47jV?= <ncisoft@163.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 SMP freezes with MySQL 4.1

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, [GB2312] =C0=EE=D2=E3=B8=D5 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a dell pe2650 box with dual xeon 2.4G, disabled the HTT,
> installed 5.3-RELEASE, enabled SMP, mysql 4.1.10a built from
> the port.
>
> If the mysql connections is high (e.g. over 100 connections),
> the system will freezes in several minutes, and the fatal alway
> indicated to the mysqld process. When I build the kernel without
> SMP, the system is stable. I have try 5.3-p5 and 5.4-PRE, the
> problem is still there.
>
> It's my configuration mistake or will be solved in 5.4-RELEASE ?

There's just not enough information to tell. When you say "freeze", is the
machine totally unresponsive, or does the console allow you to type
characters? Can you ping the system when it appears frozen? Does the
system eventually recover if the load is taken away?

--=20
dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org