Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:49:33 -0500
From:      "John S. Bucy" <bucy@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   vendor specific commands

I'm working on a research project and we want to add some additional
commands to an experimental device to be emulated using the target
mode scsi stuff.  We're probably going to use Nate Lawson's target
mode driver.

From my reading of the relevant scsi documentation, it seems like the
target's scsi interface has to know the length of a command from the
opcode so it will know when the command phase finishes.

Is this in fact the case?  If so, what will e.g. a Qlogic ISP in
target mode do with vendor-specific commands?

thanks
john