Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:26:21 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: su problems - no password needed

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 01:46:47PM +1100, Rob B wrote:
> I'm having an issue with su.  My user is in the wheel group, and when doing
> su - (ie: su to root, using root's environment) no password is asked
> for.  this was not the case until I built world recently.  any way to get
> the password thing back?

If you do "vipw", what do you see then in the second field of the root-user?
Something like this?
    root::0:0::0:0:Charlie &:/root:/usr/local/bin/bash

Or is there a string filled in.

Anyway, becoming root and using the passwd command would solve it
for what I think of it.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org