Date:      Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:48:30 +0000
From:      Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
To:        George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT Chromium 15.0.874.92

On Sun Oct 16 11, George Liaskos wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 5:34 PM, George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > http://cybertron.gr/chromium-20111016.tar.xz
> > http://cybertron.gr/chromium-15.0.874.92.tbz
> >

> Meh, sorry about that. I pushed send by mistake.
>
> What i meant to write was : please test Chromium 15.0.874.92 :)
>
> There are many people that report problems with the current version of
> Chromium in ports.
> I believe that this revision of the port should resolve most of the
> issues but it would be really nice if we have more feadback.
>
> The package is for 9 amd64 compiled with gcc45.

i'm experiencing issues with the port. i'm building it myself via base gcc
and chromium crashed with signal 10. i checked the core dump and the cause was
libtcmalloc.so.2 from the google-perftools port. so i rebuilt the port, but for
some reason the port doesn't install libtcmalloc.so.2. trying to rebuild
chromium, it sees that that file is missing and asumes a missing dependency and
tries installing the google-perftools port. that however fails, because the
port already is installed.

the following files should be installed by the port, but they don't:

cd /usr/ports/devel/google-perftools ; make clean; make; make install; make deinstall

[..]
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libprofiler.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libprofiler.so.1' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc.so.2' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_and_profiler.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_and_profiler.so.2' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_debug.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_debug.so.2' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_minimal.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_minimal.so.2' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_minimal_debug.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_minimal_debug.so.2' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package `google-perftools-1.8.3

cheers.
alex