Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 00:07:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      shocker@ionet.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   soundblaster 2.1 and esd and other mixer clients..

Ok, here's the beef.. got a soundblaster 2.0 plugged into an ISA slot. It's
found fine by the kernel, I've done  lptest > /dev/dsp  to confirm the dsp
device is working. that's all groovy.. however.. no mixer is being made by
MAKEDEV, or it's not being linked or something.. here's sndstat..

su-2.05# cat /dev/sndstat
VoxWare Sound Driver:3.5-alpha15-970902 (Wed Aug  6 22:58:35 PDT 1997 Amancio
Hasty@rah.star-gate.com)
Config options:

Installed drivers:
Type 2: SoundBlaster

Card config:
SoundBlaster at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1

Audio devices:
0: SoundBlaster 2.1

Synth devices:

Midi devices:
0: SoundBlaster

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:

bugat?
esd is not outputting sound, though it finds the dsp device with no problems.
I'm thinking the lack of a mixer is throwing it off. Any ideas, anyone?

-mach's gut
.5man