Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:05:14 +0100
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GVim + GTK2 (was: Re: an apology...)

On 2003-03-04 19:59:12 (-0500), Mezz bsdforums.org <reigncracks@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > If I want a vim-gtk2 in the ports tree, then looks like I will have to
> > > ask for repo copy editors/vim port. But, I don't know if vim-gtk2 patch
> > > will work with it, I haven't test it. I only use VIM version from VIM's
> > > CVS.
> >
> > The big problem, I think, is that CVS may or may not work depending on
> > when you're checking out code, which is probably a problem in the ports
> > tree :-)
>
> Sorry for multi-mails... I need to think more before I hit the "send"
> button. :-|

I know the feeling :-P

> Anyway, the real reason why we shouldn't have CVS checkout without have
> fetch tarball is that... A lot of people are behind the firewall, so it will
> not work very well for them with CVS and will work to fetch the tarballs.

Mmm, perhaps someone (I could do it if your ISP doesn't like it) could host
CVS snapshots in a simple tarball which are 'known to work' with the GTK2
patch.  That way, it could be a 'normal' '-devel'- or '-snapshot'-style port
skeleton like so many others in the tree.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
philip@paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

  BOFH Excuse #416:
    We're out of slots on the server