Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 13:44:42 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: emoticons in the Handbook

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 02:25:52AM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
>   Does anyone mind if Chern and I add emoticons to our list of cleanup
> items?  It appears that at least one reviewer was put off by our
> liberal use of them :

Nuke them.  You should find most of them marked with

    <!-- smiley -->

or similar, because it's something I noticed when I was doing the
DocBook conversion a few years back.

At one point I was considering turning them in to entities, so you'd
write

    &smiley;

or similar, and then the simley entity would either be ":-)" or ""
depending on personal preference.  But I think that's overkill.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI--