Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2012 08:30:18 +0100
From:      Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@gmail.com>
To:        Reed Loefgren <rloefgren@forethought.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn incantation for 9.1-RELEASE

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Reed Loefgren <rloefgren@forethought.net> wrote:
> I re-built my home and work machines to 9.1-RELEASE today and tonight a
> lap top is next, all using the same URL for svn. They all have a
> different revision number: Home machine is r243863M, work machine is
> r243864M and the laptop source is 243875. How long do changes go on
> under the 'RELEASE' badge, before it becomes 9-STABLE? I thought they
> picked a rev and nailed the tag there.

Yes, and no.
releng/9.1 will get very imporant fixes and security fixes (if any)
release/9.1.0 however will not - this is a read-only tag.
stable/9 will be a moving target. And at a certain point in time, that
become releng/9.2.

Don't be fooled by the revision number. The revision number is for the
whole subversion repository.
svn info will tell you:
Last Changed Rev: 243710

--