Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:55:41 +0200
From:      "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@corecode.ath.cx>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Alexander@Leidinger.net, nick-lists@netability.ie, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, flynn@energyhq.homeip.net
Subject:   Re: lang/icc doesn't compile c++ sources

--fqYE4I.+=.L,hZRl

On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 15:22:32 -0800 Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > "test.cc", line 4: error: name followed by "::" must be a class or namespace name
> >   std::string test ="Hello World";
> >   ^
> >
> > So we have to fix the base system headers in this regard and discard
> > Intels C++ headers?
>
> This appears to be an attempt to declare an instance of an
> internal subclass.  Probably needs the code fixed.

i think this because the gcc 2.95.3 headers don't use namespaces
correctly.
so std:: is unknown :(

> > What about these errors?
> > ---snip---
> > test.cc:
> > "/usr/include/g++/std/bastring.h", line 142: error: too few arguments for class template "reverse_iterator"
> >     typedef ::reverse_iterator<iterator> reverse_iterator;
> >                                        ^
> >
> > "/usr/include/g++/std/bastring.h", line 143: error: too few arguments for class template "reverse_iterator"
> >     typedef ::reverse_iterator<const_iterator> const_reverse_iterator;
> > ---snip---
>
> These are compiler errors.  Try puting spaces in between the
> tokens.  Specifically, after the "::" and around the "<".  It's
> been a while since I've seen code written with this style, so I
> can't give you the magic incantation off the top of my head.

the headers don't define reverse_iterator<> the way it is expected by
bastring.h; have a look at <interator> and you will see.

i've fixed this problem but then other (namespace related) problems
arise:

bastring.h uses ::reverse_iterator (as you can see ;]) but these really
should be std::reverse_iterator...

cheerz
  simon

--