Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:43:09 -0500
From:      "Karl Heller" <HellerK@gsicommerce.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Firewire card not recognized.

With Firewire support enabled in i386 6.0 release and 6.1 release I
can't seem to get my card to be recognized or at least have devices show
up that are attached to it.

=20

The FW card is a Belkin F5U503 with TI TSB43AB23.

=20

The boot shows: <serial bus, FireWire> at device 3.0 (no driver
attached)"

=20

Here is the relevant steps I've taken to diagnose this..

=20

# kldload /boot/kernel/firewire.ko
kldload: can't load /boot/kernel/firewire.ko: File exists=20

I assume that is because I statically link it into the kernel.

# fwcontrol
fwcontrol: open: No such file or directory

# ls /dev/fw*
ls: /dev/fw*: No such file or directory

In my kernel.conf:

# FireWire support
device firewire # FireWire bus code
device sbp # SCSI over FireWire (Requires scbus and da)
device fwe # Ethernet over FireWire (non-standard!)

# kldstat -v |grep -i fire
55 fwohci/firewire
58 firewire/fwe
59 firewire/sbp

lspci -lv

=20

none6@pci1:3:0: class=3D0x0c0000 card=3D0x00000000 chip=3D0x8024004c =
rev=3D0x00
hdr=3D0x00
class =3D serial bus
subclass =3D FireWire

What am I missing?
What does it mean "no driver attached"?  The man pages say that specific
TI chip is supported, is this card not recognized?

=20

Thanks,

=20

Karl