Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:40:47 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        bluetooth <bluetooth@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: No route to host for bluetooth devices

Eric,

> Well, I've recently updated to the latest current, and while yesterday
> everything seemed to be working fine, this morning after booting up (no
> changes were made anywhere, except rebooting), I cannot use bluetooth
> devices.  Here's some quick info:
>
> snippets from /var/log/messages:
> Nov 16 06:30:58 neutrino kernel: ubt0: ALPS UGX, rev 1.10/11.68, addr 3
> Nov 16 06:30:58 neutrino kernel: ubt0: ALPS UGX, rev 1.10/11.68, addr 3
> Nov 16 06:30:58 neutrino kernel: ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints:
> interrupt=0x81, bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
> Nov 16 06:30:58 neutrino kernel: ubt0: Interface 1 (alt.config 5)
> endpoints: isoc-in=0x83, isoc-out=0x3; wMaxPacketSize=49; nframes=6,
> buffer size=294
> Nov 16 06:31:08 neutrino kernel: ng_hci_process_command_timeout: ubt0hci
> - unable to complete HCI command OGF=0x3, OCF=0x3. Timeout

device initialization failed. reset command has timed out. there should
be message like

"Unable to setup Bluetooth stack for device"

somewhere in your logs.

> # bthidcontrol -a logimouse query
> Could not perform SDP query on the device 00:07:61:31:27:15. No route to
> host (65)

yes, and this is because stack was not set properly and as far as system
concerns you do not have active bluetooth devices. its kinda like using
the network without network card.

> and just now I did:
> /etc/rc.d/bluetooth stop ubt0
> /etc/rc.d/bluetooth start ubt0
>
> and it started working, so I think my message is bogus, except for one

ok. you basically restart the device and now it works. are you getting
"ng_hci_process_command_timeout" error when you boot with device attached?

> question:  am I supposed to have a bluetooth_enable="YES"  in
> /etc/rc.conf?  I think that's the problem..

no, that is not your problem. the fact that you got the error means that
/etc/rc.d/bluetooth was called and tried to setup the stack. like i
said, your problem is that device did not respond to "reset" command for
the very first time.

i will cvsup to -current today and try to reproduce it.

thanks,
max