Date:      Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:10:06 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   MIME stuff pertaining to yesterday's mail

	Folks,

	Well, I  was right on one thing.  In order to mail a file
	that both mutt/elm/mail and a GUI/HTML reader can grok,
	you *do* see to ^Content-type: headers.  The first for the
	plaintext reader, the second for the HTML reader.

	Among the mail header must be a long string such as:

	and following the line count (^Lines:  35) is this test

--=-A1X2

                                  test

	evolution is smart enough to center where I indicated the
	center icon.  Immediately below this is the boundary "END"
	string.  Followed by the std HTML that I've been hand coding
	since '93.  Followed by the boundary EOF (of sorts).

--=-A1X2

<HTML>
<TITLE> test </TITLE>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P ALIGN=center><FONT SIZE="4"><B>test</B></FONT><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--=-A1X2--

	If there is an easier way to do this with my N hundred blurbs,
	could somebody clue me in?   This will only take a script of
	some kind and is probably too specialized to turn into a
	port, but I'll share this with anybody who wants it.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix